It is very popular to believe that there is no such thing as a “good” plumber who cares about customer service. While it is true that there are plumbers out there who are really only in it for the money, there are also some who are really concerned about the quality of their work and pleasing their customers. The challenge is to find these plumbers.
- Take into account previous experiences with plumbers. Remember if they were courteous or discourteous, discreet or unpleasant. They should be concerned about the work they have done and should take care of customer service. A good plumber should be careful as at home like him in his own, or better still, his mother. When you are looking for a plumber, ask if workers wear plastic booties over their work shoes when they enter someone’s home. If the answer is no, you should raise a red flag in your mind.
- Make sure the plumber double-checks your work. Also ask a warranty on it. If the answer is no to any of those things, be careful. No matter how desperate the situation seems to be, it is not necessary to spend a fortune for poor service and poor work. In at least one good plumbing service should give a discount on the so-called future pipes.
- Make sure the plumbing service offers you a tour through your home plumbing system to give you an idea as to why problems have come up and how to prevent them in the future. This type of service is offered by plumbers who do not want tons of repeat business. They want customers, right, but they want to do the right job the first time. It also helps to make plumbing service hours. The really extraordinary ones are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year.
- Check if the plumber arrives when she says will and gets the job done over time. A plumber who spends hours in a job, accomplishes nothing and expects you to pay, then goes for two weeks before returning to finish the job, is not going to cut. If they call a plumbing service and say they will send someone right on ask them how much it is going to be, where the plumber is driving from and how much it will cost you just to visit the House alone.
- Know that a good plumber will tell you exactly what he is going to do and how he is going to do it. He will give you a bill estimate before he performs the service and inform you every step of the way of what is happening to your pipes. He will clean up after himself, and once finished, he will make absolutely sure that the system works now as it should before never leaves his house. In addition, he will leave your card with you so you can contact him.
Tips & Warnings
- When you talk on the phone to the company and it is questions, listen carefully to the response of the person. If there seems to be an antagonistic tone, a red flag should go up and warn you of that particular company.
- Do not attempt to do your own plumbing work unless you know what you are doing. A small problem can easily become a great one so a professional does the work for you.